Hey hey, remember RyLeigh, the incredible high school senior from Bradley-Bourbonnais Community High School who is taking the art world by storm? With an infectious enthusiasm for creativity, RyLeigh is not only the President of the National Art Honors Society but also the Editor in Chief for the yearbook. We had an absolute blast photographing this vibrant artist, incorporating her favorite items into the shoot. Here is a look in on RyLeigh’s images – dive on into the fun-filled world she created!
Curious how to own your own Senior Portrait Session!? Here are a few tips from SJP:
- Be Authentic and Showcase Your Passions: RyLeigh is an artist through and through, and we made sure to capture her passion and individuality in every frame. If you’re a high school senior, let your true self shine by infusing your shoot with your unique interests. Let the world see your love for music, sports, or anything that makes your heart skip a beat!
- Choose a Meaningful Location: When it comes to selecting the perfect location for your senior portraits, think outside the box! Pick a place that holds a special place in your heart or represents your journey. Whether it’s a park where you spent countless afternoons or the hallways of your beloved high school, your chosen location will add an extra touch of sentimental magic to your portraits.
- Dress to Reflect Your Style: Show off your fashion sense and create timeless looks that are true to your style. Think carefully about your outfits, ensuring they make you feel confident and comfortable. Strike a balance between trendy and classic, so your portraits stand the test of time and reflect the amazing person you are.
- Have Fun with Props: Unleash your creativity and have a blast with props! Just like RyLeigh, who brought her favorite art supplies to the shoot, bring items that showcase your hobbies or accomplishments. Whether it’s a basketball, a guitar, or even a treasured collection, props will add an extra layer of personality to your portraits.
- Be Prepared: To make the most of your senior portrait session, prepare in advance. Plan your outfits, ensuring they’re clean, pressed, and ready to rock. Organize your props and have them easily accessible. Being prepared will help you relax, enjoy the experience, and let your true self shine through.
- Communicate with Your Photographer: Your photographer is there to capture the essence of who you are. Don’t be shy about sharing your ideas, preferences, and concerns. Collaborate with your photographer to create unique and unforgettable portraits that reflect your personality and vision.
- Embrace Natural Poses: Forget stiff and forced poses! Embrace your natural self and let your personality shine through in every photograph. Interact with your surroundings, let your emotions flow, and trust that your photographer will capture the real you. It’s these candid moments that will make your senior portraits truly unforgettable.
RyLeigh’s senior portrait session was a whirlwind of artistic energy, and we hope her story and these tips inspire you to embrace your passions and express yourself fully during your own senior portrait session. This is your time to shine, to create lasting memories, and to celebrate all that you’ve accomplished. So go out there, have a blast, and let your vibrant personality burst forth in every photograph. Congratulations to the Class of 2023 and all the incredible high school seniors embarking on their next adventures! It’s your time to shine like never before!
Let’s Stay Connected!
If you’ve found your way to this delightful little corner of the internet, I just want to give you the warmest virtual high-five. Seriously, it’s like finding a hidden treasure! Want to join me on this visual adventure? Let’s stay connected, my friend! Hop over to @sarahjanehphoto on Instagram and Sarah Jane Photo on Facebook, where I’ll be sharing more of my work, behind-the-scenes fun, and keeping you in the loop about my latest projects. Oh, and guess what? If you ever feel like a good ol’ chit-chat, head on over to my website: SarahJanePhotography.net, and shoot me a message. I’m positively thrilled to hear from you!
XOXO ~ Sarah Jane